Special Stores along with regular supermarkets are continuously extending their obscure and exotic vegetables and fruits selections. There are a lot of uncommon and unknown vegetables and fruits. Most of the time people don’t become interested to buy and eat unknown fruits and vegetables, because they are not familiar with them and their various benefits.
Some Top 5 Fruits those are possibly unknown to you
Today we shall be introduced with some fruits those are possibly unknown to many of us, but they are full of health benefits. So, here are some fruits with their healthy effects to our body:
1. Sugar Apple (Scientific Name: Annona squamosa)
Sugarapples are also known as Sweetsop and its native to the Americas, although it’s grown widely in India, Philippines and Pakistan. It looks like pine cones and about 10 centimeters in diameter. It’s whitish flesh under hard and lumpy skin with several seeds inside and tastes like custard.
Health Benefits of Sugar apples:
- The seeds of Sugar Apple contain neutral resin, fixed oil, alkaloid and irritant poison with properties of lice killing.
- Ripe fruit could be applied with salt on tumors.
- Unripe one works for dysentery and diarrhea.
2. Cherymoya (Sc. Name: Annona cherimola)
Cherymoya looks like the custard apple. It’s a deciduous tree that is found in the mountains of South America. The fruit is round vaguely with juicy white and fragrant and it tastes like the combination of papaya, pineapple and bananas.
- Its vitamin C, antioxidant prevents infection
- Its vitamin B6 provides 20% of the daily dose
- Its high potassium control blood pressure and heart rate
3. Platonia (Sc. Name: Platonia insignis)
Platonia is also known as Bacuri and it’s a huge tree with about 40 meter high, which is found in Paraguay and Brazil. It looks like an orange with thick yellow peel, but its inside contains the sticky white pulp. Its seeds are black and several in number with sweet as well as sour flavor.
- Decreases the risk of Heart Attack
- Prevent infection
- Regulates blood pressure and heart rate
4. Cocona (Sc. Name: Solanum sessiliflorum)
Cocona is also found in the tropical mountains of South America. It looks like tomatoes and taste of tomatoes and lemon mixture.
Health Benefits of Cocona
- Its high water content keeps our body, calm with liquid
- Its vitamin B5 and iron meet the need of requirement
5. Breadfruit (Sc. Name: Artocarpus altilis)
- It’s a large tree of Breadfruit and native of the Philippines and other Southeast Asian countries. It looks like bananas. It’s soft and sweet when it’s ripe.
Health Benefits of Breadfruit
- It has moderate levels of vitamins and minerals that we need
- It meets the need of Vitamin B2, iron, niacin and phosphorus
- Its contains enough protein in our body
So, these are the Top 5 Fruits you possibly don’t know them. Now, you know about them and find them in the markets and consume for many kinds of health benefits; some of them are saying above shortly.